Contact Us > FAQs

Do you have a representative in my area?

We have many Country representatives who can help you with your application and give you information about UCE. Please email UCE for information about UCE representative in your country.

How much deposit do I need to pay?

UCE fee structure is quite affordable and significantly lower than other institutions. Full fee must be paid before a letter of acceptance can be issued.

How many hours do I study a week?

You will study over 2 days a week, normally with 16 to 21 hours of classroom contact time per week. You will also need to study privately in your own time to achieve success on your chosen programme. To help ensure that all students are attending the required amount of lectures UCE operates an effective attendance monitoring system.

What happens when I send my application in?

When your application form is received at the UCE, it is passed to a specialized member of the admissions team who will offer you a place on the most suitable course for you. Your certificates, past results and work experience will be taken into consideration, and a Confirmation of Acceptance Letter will be sent to you by email attachment and also through the postal service if your application is successful. It is our aim to reply to all applications as soon as possible, with each one being treated with priority. Your Confirmation of Acceptance letter will offer further guidance about future steps to take towards joining the college.

What should I bring with me?

It is a good idea to prepare for the colder weather with clothing that can be worn in layers such as T-shirts, jumpers, a waterproof jacket, hat, scarf and gloves. An umbrella is essential if you don't want to get wet, as it often rains. Toiletries, crockery, bed linen and towels can be bought fairly cheaply in the Czech Republic at shops such as TESCO, Terranova, C&A, etc. so there is no need to bring these. You must also bring any essential documents, such as college letters, medical details, emergency contact details, and any medication you may require. A supply of passport photographs is useful as these are expensive in the Czech Republic.

What's the weather like?

The Czech Republic has a temperate climate, with warm summers and cold wet winters. Generally, the weather is a little unpredictable and can vary even within one day.

Do I get an Approved Diploma certificate?

Yes. You will study the approved courses from Recognized Awarding Bodies at UCE, where you will also sit your exams or submit course works. On successful completion you will receive our accrediting awarding Body’s diploma certificate.

Will I get help with my English and Czech Language?

We have specific English and Czech Language support classes and academic writing classes.

Will you help me open a bank account?

Our Student Services department can give you information on banks in the area that are willing to help students when you arrive at the College. You will need the following documents to open a bank account in the Czech Republic: your passport, a letter from the College confirming that you are a student, a document confirming your address in the Czech Republic, and a document confirming your overseas address.

Where can I live?

The Accommodation Officer can advise you on where to live. UCE has arrangements with number of hotels in centre of Prague for student accommodation. Monthly charges for accommodation are €200 and student needs to book the accommodation in advance.

Can I work whilst I study?

Yes. As a student in the Czech Republic you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week in term time and 40 hours per week in holidays. Our Careers Adviser will be happy to help you with your CV & interview preparation.

What happens if my visa is refused?

In the unfortunate event of your student visa being refused, you will be entitled to a full refund of your deposit, subject to a small administrative fee as per our terms and conditions. You will be asked to send a copy of your visa refusal letter and a copy of your passport showing the refusal stamp to the admissions office before we can begin the refund process. You must return all original documentation sent to you by Admissions as well. Alternatively, we will be happy to defer your place at the college until the next intake if you wish to exercise your right of appeal or reapply for your visa.


Follow us on the social sites: